The Van Wert County Health Department is a Combined Health District that proudly serves the residents of Van Wert City and Van Wert County, Ohio. Our primary functions are to prevent epidemics and the spread of disease, protect against environmental hazards, prevent injuries, promote and encourage healthy behaviors, respond to disasters and assist our community in recovery, and assure the quality and accessibility of health services. We encourage you to visit the various areas of our website to learn about the many resources we provide to our community.
• Emergency Preparedness
• Food Inspections / Licensing
• Household Sewage Treatment and more!
Selling Food to the Public
To prevent food borne illness and protect public health, it is required to license and inspect all Food Service Operations (FSOs) and Retail Food Establishments (RFEs) including restaurants, grocery stores, food booths at the fair, carry-outs, and vending locations.
- COVID-19 update, Oct. 13, 2022 October 13, 2022
- Work for us, job opening for Help Me Grow Home Visitor/supervisor September 30, 2022
- Updated COVID-19 boosters available September 13, 2022
- VWCGHD seeks full-time Health Commissioner August 19, 2022
- Coloring contest underway August 8, 2022
CDC Did You Know Monthly
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.