Van Wert County General Health District’s (VWCGHD) Social Media User Agreement.
Please read the rules contained in this Agreement carefully. Your use of any aspect of the websites will constitute your agreement to comply with these rules. If you cannot agree with these rules, please do not use the website. The Agreement may be modified from time to time. Continued access to the website by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the Agreement. Your failure to follow these rules, whether listed below or in bulletins posted at various points on the website, may result in suspension or termination of your access to the website, without notice.
Please call us at 419-238-0808 to report a public health issue.
Do not use our social media sites to report a public health issue.
Comments by others not endorsed: We do not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on the website. Any information placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those making the comments and does not necessarily represent the views of the Van Wert County General Health District. By submitting a comment for posting, you agree that the health department is not responsible for and shall have no liability to you with respect to any information or materials posted by others, including defamatory, offensive, or illicit material, even material that violates this Agreement.
We understand social media is a 24/7 medium, however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not immediately see every inappropriate comment and we are trusting the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely.
Editing and deletions: We reserve the right, but undertake no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted as a comment to the information provided for display or placed on the social media sites in its sole discretion, without notice. Comments posted on the sites will be reviewed and inappropriate comments will be deleted at the sole discretion of the health department. We hope to receive submissions from all viewpoints, but we require that all participants agree to the following Terms of Participation:
- To ensure constructive questions, please post only questions directly related and relevant to the Van Wert County General Health District.
- Refrain from posting questions that contain threats, obscenity, material that would violate the law if published here, abusive, defamatory or sexually explicit material.
- Submissions containing the following will be deleted:
- Contains obscene or threatening language or discrimination (hate speech) based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
- Promotes services or products (not including non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic).
- Includes any personal or sensitive information (health information, phone numbers, email, or postal addresses).
- Medical or personal health advice from sources other than VWCGHD employees, Board members, or contract employees.
We reserve the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete or discontinue your access to any Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason, and in its sole discretion.
Posting Expectations: As a guest posting content to any Social Media Site on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in VWCGHD’s discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
Postings to health district social media sites shall NOT contain any of the following:
- Comments that are not topically related to the particular posting being commented upon.
- Comments in support of, or opposition to, political campaigns, candidates, or ballot measures.
- Profane language or content.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination based on race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, or status concerning public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content unrelated to the programs and services provided by the health district.
- Solicitations of commerce.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Content that violates the legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Reproducing Posts: By posting any content on any Social Media Site, you grant to Van Wert County General Health District the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and/or display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any VWCGHD purpose.
You understand and agree that VWCGHD may disclose your communications and activities with VWCGHD in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants, or subpoenas, or for the protection of VWCGHD rights. You agree that if VWCGHD exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, VWCGHD will incur no liability from you.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold VWCGHD and its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a Social Media site, any third-party claims of infringement or any breach of this policy.
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. BY ITS VERY NATURE, A WEBSITE AND THE INTERNET CAN NOT BE PROTECTED AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS INTRUSION ATTEMPTS. VAN WERT COUNTY GENERAL HEALTH DISTRICT DOES NOT CONTROL THE THIRD-PARTY SITES AND THE INTERNET OVER WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SEND CONFIDENTIAL PERSONAL OR HEALTH INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT AND, THEREFORE, VAN WERT COUNTY GENERAL HEALTH DISTRICT DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OR COMPROMISES TO YOUR INFORMATION. WHEN POSTING ANY CONTENT ON AN INTERNET SITE, YOU SHOULD THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY IN DISCLOSING DETAILED OR PRIVATE INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY. FURTHERMORE, THE VAN WERT COUNTY GENERAL HEALTH DISTRICT DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS, OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a Social Media Site on the internet shall be construed under the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Van Wert County, Ohio.
External Links (including Advertising Links): The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute an endorsement by VWCGHD of the linked websites, or the information, products, or services contained therein. VWCGHD does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of these websites.
Disclaimer: Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by VWCGHD. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of VWCGHD and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes. With respect to documents available from this server, neither VWCGHD nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.