The Van Wert County Health Department is a Combined Health District that proudly serves the residents of Van Wert City and Van Wert County, Ohio. Our primary functions are to prevent epidemics and the spread of disease, protect against environmental hazards, prevent injuries, promote and encourage healthy behaviors, respond to disasters and assist our community in recovery, and assure the quality and accessibility of health services. We encourage you to visit the various areas of our website to learn about the many resources we provide to our community.
• Emergency Preparedness
• Food Inspections / Licensing
• Household Sewage Treatment and more!
To prevent food borne illness and protect public health, it is required to license and inspect all Food Service Operations (FSOs) and Retail Food Establishments (RFEs) including restaurants, grocery stores, food booths at the fair, carry-outs, and vending locations.
June 21 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
September 19 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
October 17 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- COVID-19 update, May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022
- Job opportunity May 18, 2022
- Social Media Policy May 17, 2022
- Public input sought in Forces of Change Assessment May 13, 2022
- VWHD keeps public safe from food-borne illnesses May 4, 2022