The Van Wert County Health Department is a Combined Health District that proudly serves the residents of Van Wert City and Van Wert County, Ohio. Our primary functions are to prevent epidemics and the spread of disease, protect against environmental hazards, prevent injuries, promote and encourage healthy behaviors, respond to disasters and assist our community in recovery, and assure the quality and accessibility of health services. We encourage you to visit the various areas of our website to learn about the many resources we provide to our community.
• Emergency Preparedness
• Food Inspections / Licensing
• Household Sewage Treatment and more!
To prevent food borne illness and protect public health, it is required to license and inspect all Food Service Operations (FSOs) and Retail Food Establishments (RFEs) including restaurants, grocery stores, food booths at the fair, carry-outs, and vending locations.
- Did You Know? September 9, 2022 September 9, 2022An infographic titled Did You Know? Text says: 1 in 10 people will have a seizure in their lifetime. Fifty-six percent of people with epilepsy had a seizure within the past year. More than half of US adults don't feel confident they could provide seizure first aid. Epilepsy and seizure first aid training information is […]
- Did You Know? August 26, 2022 August 26, 2022An infographic titled Did You Know? with an illustration of multicolored pencils. Text says "A healthy and supportive school can help students: recognize and manage their emotions; set and achieve positive goals; and establish and maintain positive relationships. Families and schools can work together to create a healthy and supportive environment for students to learn […]
- Did You Know? August 12, 2022 August 12, 2022An infographic titled Did You Know? Text says "96 million US adults have prediabetes -- that's more than 1 in 3. People with prediabetes are at increased risk for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. People at risk for type 2 diabetes can use Path 2 Prevention to guide them on their path towards […]